Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Italian helmet m33

Article about: Hello everyone, I would like your opinion about this helmet of italian navy.It's in very good condition as I can see... Thanks in advance!

Default Italian helmet m33

Hello everyone,
    I would like your opinion about this helmet of italian navy.It's in very good condition as I can see...
    Thanks in advance!

Italian helmet m33

Italian helmet m33
    Italian helmet m33
    Italian helmet m33
    Italian helmet m33
    Italian helmet m33

Hi Terry,
    in intentions should be a helmet of the antisubmarine units of the RSI period, I can say that the shell is marked MRM, therefore produced for the Regia Marina at the end of the 30s, but the color and the side seam of the liner make me think of a post war reconditioning.
    The overly large front flash was added over another previously removed, while the oversized side flash seems to be painted, I believe the originals were decals.
    However this is only my opinion and I am not a great expert in RSI helmets, it is worth listening to some further opinions.

Regards

I agree with Roberto. It’s a genuine wartime Regia Marina M33, but at least repainted post war and used by Italian Navy. I’m 99,99% sure that both anchor and side insignia have been added recently to imitate a very scarce (and thus very expensive) helmet of RSI asw unit.

Thanks alot everyone for the replies and for the extra info!