Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Italian helmets of WW2

Article about: Hello to all, I want to share with you my little, but I think interesting, collection of Italian WW2 helmets. To begin a helmet M33 used by italian infantryman on the Russian front, in fact

Default Italian helmets of WW2

Hello to all,
    I want to share with you my little, but I think interesting, collection of Italian WW2 helmets.
    To begin a helmet M33 used by italian infantryman on the Russian front, in fact on the shell can still see the scratches left by the brush used to wash off the white lime used as camouflage for the snow, and also to internal are visible splash of lime.
    It is a first production, probably manufactured in the year 1935/36, you can tell from the seams of the headset to parallel lines and the rounded rivets with the two tabs of first type; which they were later replaced because it will eventually wear loosened and the cap became unstable.
    These helmets were all repainted in 1940, when Italy entered the war for reasons of camouflage, because the original sage green color (seen below) was too visible.

1°-Italian Army M33
    Italian helmets of WW2Italian helmets of WW2Italian helmets of WW2Italian helmets of WW2Italian helmets of WW2Italian helmets of WW2Italian helmets of WW2Italian helmets of WW2Italian helmets of WW2Italian helmets of WW2Italian helmets of WW2Italian helmets of WW2

2°-Carabinieri M33
    Following a M33 used by the "Reali Carabinieri" in the version gray-green with rare small frieze pre-1938.
    The interesting fact is that this helmet was reused by some units of Carabinieri who joined to RSI (Repubblica Sociale Italiana), in fact the logo of frieze "VE=Vittorio Emanuele" (King of Italy), was first abraded nd then covered with black color.
    Actually they were used for a few months at the end of 1943, because these units are subsequently integrated into the GNR (Guardia Nazionale Repubblicana).
    Otherwise it,s a normal Army M33.
    Italian helmets of WW2Italian helmets of WW2Italian helmets of WW2Italian helmets of WW2Italian helmets of WW2Italian helmets of WW2Italian helmets of WW2Italian helmets of WW2

Then I add the other helmets.
    Sorry for my bad English!!

greetings
    Roberto
    Last edited by OldSteel; 10-25-2015 at 06:25 PM.

Nice lids and nothing wrong with your English!....

Thanks Gunny,
    I'm glad you say that!
    After public other helmets, I wait you

Roberto

Default M33 "four hole"

This are some M33 said "four holes" because he had, in addition to three aerators a fourth hole which could be front (like this), or on top of the shell, with or without rivets.
    This was used to identify not-ballistic helmets, products with poor steel and cheap materials liners; that were distributed to the departments of civil defense and the troops of second line (anti-aircraft, coastal artillery, transport units....).

1°-"Four holes" -no front rivet, oil cloth liner and leather chinstrap.

Italian helmets of WW2Italian helmets of WW2Italian helmets of WW2Italian helmets of WW2Italian helmets of WW2Italian helmets of WW2Italian helmets of WW2

2°-"Four holes" with front rivet, oil cloth liner, canvas chinstrap.

Italian helmets of WW2Italian helmets of WW2Italian helmets of WW2Italian helmets of WW2Italian helmets of WW2

MAP
    ?

Thanks for showing. Never heard of the four hole version.

Wish there was a real good color chart showing the progression of colors for these M33 ' s over the entire lifespan. There few that I have seen are a bit confusing sometimes.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Default M 1916

The air raid protection (UNPA) and the troops of second line, also reused the mod.1916 of WW1, reconditioned with the replacement of the liner with a new oil cloth.
    This example preserves the original color of WW1.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Italian helmets of WW2   Italian helmets of WW2  

Italian helmets of WW2  

Hi, MAP
    I'm glad to be help; I do not know if there is a color table and actually shades are often different.
    The Italian helmet of WW2 is a complex sector in which we must be very cautious.

greetings
    Roberto

MAP
    ?

Couldn't agree more Roberto.

I always say that the study of M33 ' s are a minefield. And yes, the paint variations are a pain. Especially when looking at photos given the variation in picture quality.

Michael

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Default Tropical helmet mod. 1928

This is the Italian tropical helmet mod. 1928, was widely used until the Battle of El Alamein.
    This example beloved to a soldier of my town, of 11th Reg. Heavy Artillery of "Ravenna" Division; who fought during the colonial East African Campaign of 1935/36.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Italian helmets of WW2   Italian helmets of WW2  

Italian helmets of WW2   Italian helmets of WW2  

Italian helmets of WW2  

MAP
    ?

Very Nice.

Here's mine.

WWII Italian Pith Helmet. Does anyone know what the + stands for?

Also have a Bersaglieri Cappello di Feltro, and a few other visors, helmets and fez's. Find them all quite interesting and fun to collect.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast