Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Italian M33 helmet - war or postwar issue?

Article about: Hello everyone this is one of the relic helmets in my collection. I have bought it long ago from a seller in Turin (Italy). He told me that the helmet is ww2 issue although I am not convince

Default Italian M33 helmet - war or postwar issue?

Hello everyone
    this is one of the relic helmets in my collection. I have bought it long ago from a seller in Turin (Italy). He told me that the helmet is ww2 issue although I am not convinced. Also on the lid is stamped with F 11.
    Could you tell me when can be dated?
    Best regards
    Sever
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Italian M33 helmet - war or postwar issue?   Italian M33 helmet - war or postwar issue?  

MAP
    ?

Pictures of the interior liner and chin strap would help (or Doh...is there none since it is a relic).

There are others here with much more knowledge on M33 (they are a minefield to pin down for me), but not a paint scheme I have encountered before on wartime lids.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

I agree with MAP: more pics will be helpful, and the paint is... weird.

these helmet where used in the Spanish civil war too and often painted over.

Quote by geelong View Post
    these helmet where used in the Spanish civil war too and often painted over.
    That's true, but the Spanish M33's are darker, and should bear the 1st type rivets. This one has a strange paint, maybe because someone used oil or something like that on it...

Here are some new pics of the interior. It seems there has been another layer of olive green paint underneath the other. Also it has two markings on the inside F 11 and on the liner support FM 60
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Italian M33 helmet - war or postwar issue?   Italian M33 helmet - war or postwar issue?  

Mmmm... Without liner it is more difficult. Anyway, the keys is often the rivets; at a glance they seem to me post war type, but to be sure I need some close up of them.
    Honestly, I think it is probably a post war M 33 (FM 60 stamp); is the F 11 applied on the inner, rear skirt?

Yes, F11 is stamped on the rear inner skirt. Tomorrow I will try to make some close-up photos of the interior. Thank you very much for the info.
    Best regards
    Sever (Romania)

Sever, take some pics of the outer side of the rivets (air vents). Sure is it F 11 and not P 11?

Here are some close-up photos of the air vents and also of the marking F 11 on the inner side of the lid
    Best regards
    Sever

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast