Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Italian M33 Paint

Article about: Hi there, I have an Original WW2 Italian M33 helmet in well used condition that I have some questions about and I was wondering if anyone had any answers. So the helmet has 3 layers of paint

Default Italian M33 Paint

Hi there,

I have an Original WW2 Italian M33 helmet in well used condition that I have some questions about and I was wondering if anyone had any answers. So the helmet has 3 layers of paint with a 3rd being what I believe to be post-war paint. I was wondering if anyone was certain it was post-war paint (the orange and silver) and if it is post-war the best way to go about removing it as not to damage the original paint. I'm also curious as to where this helmet may have served as it dose have 2 layers of paint and if the colors corollate to any theater of combat specifically as it has a more green base layer then being repainted a bluish-grey which I usually see on relic helmets from the Eastern Front.

Thanks for your time,
    Adam

Italian M33 Paint
    Italian M33 Paint
    Italian M33 Paint
    Italian M33 Paint
    Italian M33 Paint
    Italian M33 Paint
    Italian M33 Paint
    Italian M33 Paint
    Italian M33 Paint
    Italian M33 Paint
    Italian M33 Paint

(My photos keep flipping)

MAP
    ?

Are you down loading the photos from your phone? If so it is due to the orientation of the photo on your phone. When you see, you phone will adjust to make it look correct but the actual orientation of the photo itself is upside down or sideways

I would recommend down loading the phone to your PC, rotate it, make a small edit like a tiny crop, save it and then upload from you computer.

Someone should be around to help with your questions. Original M33's were used for decades post war so the variations are many.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Hi Adam,
    It is important to identify the shades of the first two coatings, and looking at the photos it is difficult to do this with certainty, because the type of lighting can significantly change the perceived color.
    But I try to say what it seems to me: the first two paints date back to the war period and are Italian, while the following I think were probably applied after the war, but I don't know by whom and for what use.
    Surely they were not repainted by the Italian army, as after the war the first configuration M33s, like your example, (see the type of rivet) were undoubtedly no longer used, but for example it was still possible to find them in use in the Spanish army.

Regards
    Roberto

Italian M33 Paint
    Italian M33 Paint
    Italian M33 Paint
    Italian M33 Paint
    Italian M33 Paint
    Italian M33 Paint

Here is what it looks like after I cleaned off the post-war paint, thanks for your help.

For my taste, it was prettier before, each helmet has its history and it is not good to touch them, it is something that I learned here. It may be a helmet that came to Spain during the civil war, and was later repainted in khaki during the war. I don't know what red marks it had. But it is only an assumption.