Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Italian Medaglia Al Valore Militare

Article about: WWII (?) Italian Medaglia Al Valore Militare (Military Medal of Valor) Gold /highest class. Probably unissued (?) as there is no inscription on the back. Appears to be in extremely fine cond

MAP
    ?

Quote by lupodelnord View Post
    Hi , the ribbon original misure 37mm.
    This kind of medal was found in 1833 and remain almost the same until 1945.
    As you said there are 3 versions (gold silver bronze) and one more ECONOMIC in braSS metal for flag and labarum
    wonderful collection
    Thanks,

Always glad when you provide some feedback on my items. Glad you like it and nice to hear from you again.

Will measure the ribbon when I return from travelling.

Are these medals rare? Especially in Gold? Not concerned about the value so much, but I've only see one other like this for sale on the www (that I could find) and it was going for $250. I paid around $30.

Regards,

Michael
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

i know that the medal if original is selled about 200 hundred euro without name and over 300 with name. They are not common medals

MAP
    ?

i know that the medal if original is selled about 200 hundred euro without name and over 300 with name. They are not common medals
    Well, it looks like a got a great deal then. Too bad it was not named! Thanks!

Michael

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

i hate to be the bearer of bad news, but the Italians remade many of the world war one and two decorations in the 80s for veterans. i only bring this up because your Valore medal doesn't have any mint mint marks on it. "F.G." "the crowned Z" for the royal mint or even "S.J.". still a great buy. most copies don't look as nice as yours, the wreath on the reverse is sometimes lopsided.

MAP
    ?

Quote by medalman90 View Post
    i hate to be the bearer of bad news, but the Italians remade many of the world war one and two decorations in the 80s for veterans. i only bring this up because your Valore medal doesn't have any mint mint marks on it. "F.G." "the crowned Z" for the royal mint or even "S.J.". still a great buy. most copies don't look as nice as yours, the wreath on the reverse is sometimes lopsided.
    Thanks Medalman. While nicer if it is Pre - 45, it is better to know what it really is. As noted, I bought it knowing nothing and took a chance at a cheap price...but even if made in the 80's it's still for someone who originally earned it.

Regards,

Michael

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3