Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Italian pith helmets

Article about: I have been selling, on internet, these helmets for over 10 to 12 years now, and just recently forgot to add in side views of the helmets on my ad's. I got submerged by questions asking if t

Default Italian pith helmets

I have been selling, on internet, these helmets for over 10 to 12 years now, and just recently forgot to add in side views of the helmets on my ad's. I got submerged by questions asking if they were genuine or fake...asking for picture of the inside or just asking for the color of the inside.
    Can anybody tell me what they mean.
    All the one's I got were similar, some having the size in ink on the inside, others didn't, but all the same color on the inside as the outside.
    cheers
    |<ris
    Italian pith helmetsItalian pith helmets
    Italian pith helmets
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

Default Re: Italian pith helmets

1st pattern Italian M1928 sun helmets have a green lining whilst 2nd pattern versions, such as you have shown are the same sand colour inside and out. The green lined 1st pattern were the type most used by the Italians during WWII and are therefore more desirable. Some people think the 2nd patterns were made during the war but were not issued in any great numbers, with most found in mint and unissued condition being found in stores after the war, though some were issued including numbers reissued to the German military, with KM and Army (& SS?) examples being seen in collections, I have a KM example with the German Navy acceptance stamps in my collection. Numbers of the KM examples and SS were found on the island of Capri some while back, though most were 1st pattern. I also have a mint and unissued 2nd pattern in my collection.

Regards,

Jerry
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Default Re: Italian pith helmets

Thanks Jerry!
    cheers
    |<ris
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers