Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Italian ww2 cap???

Article about: Guys i have been offered a cap to me that looks italian. I am unsure if it is of ww2 period. Is this cap italian?

Default Italian ww2 cap???

Guys i have been offered a cap to me that looks italian. I am unsure if it is of ww2 period. Is this cap italian?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Italian ww2 cap???   Italian ww2 cap???  

Italian ww2 cap???  

Hi Chuck,
    in my opinion this is an visor cap for US Merchant Marine Engineer Officer.
    I believe that caps of this type were used until the 1960s, I am not an expert on this subject, but I believe, for the construction characteristics, it is a realization of the WW2 period.

Regards
    Roberto

Roberto thank you for the reply, i had been trying to figure this one out for some time and had not been able to find other examples. Now i have more to go off of and research. My older buddy has no clue how to post on forums etc and was unsure of what to offer it as. Now that i know more i can do further research.thank you once again!

?

Hello,
    I am no expert however I would agree with Roberto, it does look a lot like a US merchant marine engineer visor cap. Here is a photo of one that I have found for comparison,
    Italian ww2 cap???
    The patch is not the same however it has very important similarities. Just not sure about the eagle.

Regards,
    Daniel