Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

M33 Helmet

Article about: Hi All As posted in other threads, it's miserable weather out here today but the lighting seemed alright and so decided to get a few pictures from my helmet collection to share with everyone

Default M33 Helmet

Hi All

As posted in other threads, it's miserable weather out here today but the lighting seemed alright and so decided to get a few pictures from my helmet collection to share with everyone.

This is a recent purchase, I've been searching for a decent example of an M33 for a while now. This has the grey-green "grigioverde" paint, although does look to have previously been repainted in a colour close to the post war Regia Marina helmets which someone has removed from the outside of the shell. This is a BB 63 marked shell.

It has the the grey-green leather chinstrap on rectangular bales and the later war Z-stiched liner with the metal reinforcing grommets around the drawstring. I can't tell if the felt in this example is discoloured yellow or is the wartime orange.

Matt
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M33 Helmet   M33 Helmet  

M33 Helmet   M33 Helmet  

M33 Helmet   M33 Helmet  

M33 Helmet   M33 Helmet  

M33 Helmet  

On closer inspection I found what appears to be a stamped crown on the underside of one of the liner tongues.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M33 Helmet   M33 Helmet