Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Regia Aeronautica cap

Article about: Buon giorno! To mark my first foray into the Italian sector of the forum, I would just like to show my RA officer’s service dress cap (the RA being my primary direction in Italian militaria)

?

Default Regia Aeronautica cap

Buon giorno!
    To mark my first foray into the Italian sector of the forum, I would just like to show my RA officer’s service dress cap (the RA being my primary direction in Italian militaria).

Typical of private purchase pieces, the cap itself is undated, but on closer inspection, I discovered a folded strip of newspaper had been tucked under the sweatband; with a nice clue to its age!

All the best,
    Bob
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Regia Aeronautica cap   Regia Aeronautica cap  

Regia Aeronautica cap   Regia Aeronautica cap  

Regia Aeronautica cap  

Dated May 1941

Welcome Bob, a nice visor cap, made by "A.Brambilla", a historic Milan store specializing in military uniforms and caps, opened in 1926 and still in business today.

Regards
    Roberto

I would love to visit Italy some day. Some of my family comes from a town which the German "Gothic" line ran through or very near. Some still live there today.

Very nice cap! I need more Italian items, but there doesn't seem to be so many items as other countries.

?

Great hat. Rich A. in Pa.
    1969 Shelby GT-500 King of the Road
    Knowledge is power, guard it well.

Quote by carpediem View Post
    I would love to visit Italy some day. Some of my family comes from a town which the German "Gothic" line ran through or very near. Some still live there today...
    Hi carpediem; do you remember the name of the town?

?

Very nice well worn visor, love the ornate bullion insignia

MAP
    ?

A great looking visor. I only have 2 WW2 Italian visors but I've always thought they have a great look/shape!

I'll be in Italy for the first time in April (assuming this Asian Virus thing settles down)! Unfortunately just the typical tourist stuff (Rome, Florance, Milan, etc...) and no time to see any military sites
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

MAP, Cassino is just 1,5 hour from Rome (traffic jam permitting); rent a car and go south, be sure you won’t be disappointed. Even my wife appreciated the tour

MAP
    ?

Quote by ziomanno View Post
    MAP, Cassino is just 1,5 hour from Rome (traffic jam permitting); rent a car and go south, be sure you won’t be disappointed. Even my wife appreciated the tour
    Good info! Thanks! I will be a cross global family vacation (in laws from Asia and my family from NY). But maybe I could skip a day of family stuff and pack my boys into a car and visit. Will bring this up with my "tour organizer" (i.e. my sister in law )
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast