Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

RSI Fulmine and Order of the Roman Eagle

Article about: I would welcome opinions as to the authenticity of these items.

Default RSI Fulmine and Order of the Roman Eagle

RSI Fulmine and Order of the Roman EagleRSI Fulmine and Order of the Roman Eagle
    I would welcome opinions as to the authenticity of these items.

The Army Officers Long Service medal (left) looks ok, I am not sure what the right Medal is, possibly the Order of the Roman Eagle. As for the patch Again I am not sure, the untarnished bullion puts me off. However ziomanno and OldSteel will be able to give some better information possibly.

I agree,medals ok.

Hi gentlemen; these RSI related items are always a minefield, so I submitted the above pics to a friend of mine way more knowledgeable than me.
    Well, in his opinion, the patch and the Roman Eagle medal are copy, while the other could be ok (and he underlined "could").
    As usual, these late war fascist items are scarce, very sought after by collectors, and therefore widely reproduced and/or faked.
    About the patch, if real it should be extremely scarce, because the X MAS Battaglione Fulmine was just less more than a three companies strong unit, and only the third was composed by Italian/French volunteers (thus "VOL. DI FRANCIA).
    Maybe you can try the black light test, but honestly I wouldn't give many chances to it.
    Last edited by ziomanno; 11-25-2016 at 12:52 AM.

Hello everyone,
    I agree with what he says ziomanno, for all three elements, and I have much more to add, once again the original material of RSI is very rare to find, always serves great caution when approaching to this collecting area.
    The causes of the lack of RSI elements are linked to the few years that have made its armed forces, but also to the fact that in Northern Italy there was a civil war and in the years after the war broke out a real hunt for former members of RSI by members of the opposing faction and those who were in possession of material belonging to its armed forces have thrown away or destroyed to avoid being identified.

Regards
    Roberto

Thank you for the replies and sound advice regarding RSI items.