Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Translation required pls

Article about: My pop & his brother along with many more on the eastern front. My pop lost his brother marching through the snow for such long distances. Can anyone tell me more about this medal and wh

Default Translation required pls

My pop & his brother along with many more on the eastern front. My pop lost his brother marching through the snow for such long distances.
    Can anyone tell me more about this medal and what the certificate says?
    Thankyou so much

Translation required pls

This is the Croce al Merito di Guerra medal (war merit cross). It is granted to every Italian citizen (but also former Italian colony people) that fought in WWI or WWII, including the MIA's, the KIA's or the POW's dead during the imprisonment, wathever was the rank or the branch they served.
    The certificate says that it was granted to the artillery soldier Antonino Russo Porcina, born near Messina in 1922.
    Strange enough, the medal has been granted in 2003... A bit on late, I have to say.

Thank you so much for the info. I wonder if my pop is entitled to get one too seeing as though his bro was awarded one so late. I will look into this .

Thanks again!

Yes Marc, I'm pretty sure he was granted too: he well deserved it.

Hello,
    This is the grant for the Cross of War Merit .
    The text in Italian unfortunately says motivation it was granted by the Italian Republic subsequently to the facts of war and after the fall of Fascism .
    The Cross of Merit was established by Royal Decree 19 January 1918, n.205 and follows the italian soldiers for all wars...