Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Two italian helmets

Article about: Posting these for review. I had found these locally. Never seen this color paint before. Post war ? Decals i am unsure of. I am new to italian helmets but looks like i am getting into them n

Default Two italian helmets

Posting these for review. I had found these locally. Never seen this color paint before. Post war ? Decals i am unsure of. I am new to italian helmets but looks like i am getting into them now
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Two italian helmets   Two italian helmets  

Two italian helmets   Two italian helmets  

?

That paint looks post war compare to the true color on the interior. The stencils are also new. Not my area of collecting but I would say refurbished helmets. Nice display though

I only have one in my collection and notice the color. The stencil on mine is barely visible

Two italian helmetsTwo italian helmets
    Regards, Al

Al thanks for sharing yours. I have just looked through about 6 pages here in the italian fprum looking at helmets. From what i see these had a very long service life and can be somewhat difficult to study due to the myriad of variations, other country's use of them etc

I ended up buying 7 of them for 22.50 each
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Two italian helmets  

Cam anyone tell me what this metal piece or bracket is in front under insignia?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Two italian helmets  

MAP
    ?

Quote by chuck303 View Post
    Cam anyone tell me what this metal piece or bracket is in front under insignia?
    My first guess would be that it was potentially used by the Spanish. We see these on occasion on the forum. See link below for an example.

my italian m33 helmets

I've also seen Italian badges put on front of M33's, but I am not sure if they are real or fantasy. (I didn't have a photo so did a quick search and only came up with this example linked below).

Italy, Kingdom. An M33 Italian Army Steel Helmet, by Sinigagliesi

Best bet is to wait for our friend Roberto (OldSteel ).
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Hey map thanks for the reply. I probably read 10 pages postings here on the forum about Italian helmets. I'm still learning and there's quite a bit to learn LOL. I did see that helmet on emedals with the badge on it last night as well

?

The first two you posted are Spanish used, thick paint was used on Spanish used M33 all the time. This and the attachment on the front so someone tried to make them look Italian again. The other 5 are all most likely Spanish used. I see the holes in one, the brown paint used by Spain on another, the eagle attachment on one etc.

Morning to all,
    what MEE says is right, are two examples used by the Spanish Army; exterior color and decals are added later to make it look Italian.
    A shame this last repaint, because if they had been left with the paint done by the Spaniards they would have been two excellent examples of the early model, complete with every original component, and in any case testimony to an important historical fact such as the Spanish Civil War.
    The front application present on one of the two examples was used to attach the badge of the Spanish army, which you can see in this example of helmet Mod. "Z":
    Two italian helmets

Regards
    Roberto

Thanks guys for all the info

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast