Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Unidentified Italian pin

Article about: Hey guys, any idea what this is? It came in a small lot of U.S. and German items. Thanks!

?

Default Unidentified Italian pin

Hey guys, any idea what this is? It came in a small lot of U.S. and German items. Thanks!Unidentified Italian pinUnidentified Italian pin

?

Anyone?

Looks more like a post war regional pin to me to me, Italians were big on "shields" for both youth groups and support groups during the 30s-40s. Because of this I would think more post war, however just my opinion.
    Morris

Google F.M Frattelli they made lots of badges some military some civil, Cheers Paul

?

I've already Google the maker, I can't find any pin like it. It came in a small WW2 grouping, which leads me to believe that it's of WW2 vintage. Here is the grouping.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Unidentified Italian pin  

Nice grouping mate ,If they've all come from the same vet then he was obviously a US 5th Army medic serving in the Italian campaign who picked himself up a few souvenirs (incidently i've almost the double of your epaulettes ,but i think i out rank you ) Cheers PaulUnidentified Italian pin