Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

WW2 Italian flag

Article about: Hello everyone, It has been quite a while since i have had anything to post, but after saving some money this Italian flag has caught my eye. I have never bought a flag before, so I don't kn

?

Default WW2 Italian flag

Hello everyone,

It has been quite a while since i have had anything to post, but after saving some money this Italian flag has caught my eye. I have never bought a flag before, so I don't know much about them and just wanted to make sure it is period authentic. It is from RBNR militaria and from what i have seen on here, they seem to a good place to buy from. It measures 95 by 85 cm. Im sorry for not posting pictures, but for some reason i cannot get them on here this time. Any help is appreciated

RBNr Militaria ยป OBJECT

Thanks,
    Michael

Its an original flag but please note the House of Savoy Flag was used well into the 1970s.
    I notice Alessandro has done the right thing and not listed it as a ww2 flag outright, however for the right price it is still a nice flag.
    Personally from its construction and others i have owned I would not be surprised if this is a post war flag maybe 1950s.
    Morris

?

Hi Morris,

Thank you for telling me this, I was not aware of that... The flag does look very well made, a bit different from others i have seen

Michael

Quote by KMMorris View Post
    Its an original flag but please note the House of Savoy Flag was used well into the 1970s.
    I have to disagree: after the 2 June 1946 referendum, which estabishled the Italian Republic, the use of the Royal flag was suddenly discontinued.

Quote by ziomanno View Post
    I have to disagree: after the 2 June 1946 referendum, which estabishled the Italian Republic, the use of the Royal flag was suddenly discontinued.

It became illegal, actually. I remember having often seen until the seventies several flags with the shield replaced by a big white patch, common practice to save fabric..