Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

WWII era Italian M33 helmet identification

Article about: Hello guys, I am once again asking for your finan... knowledge. Ive gotten my hands on this italian M33 helmet and I was wondering if it was used by the spanish during the civil war/ as left

Default WWII era Italian M33 helmet identification

Hello guys, I am once again asking for your finan... knowledge.

Ive gotten my hands on this italian M33 helmet and I was wondering if it was used by the spanish during the civil war/ as leftover aid from the italians after the spanish civil war.

The liner size is 57, the stitching of the liner is as marked in the picture and you can still see the old italian pre WWII greenish color inside the dome, where it hasnt been overpainted.

There are two weld spots on the front of the helmet which I often see on spanish helmets from the 30s onwards, so that in combination with the paint scheme (and the type of replacement chinstrap) led to my assumption.

Whats interesting is that the one of the chin straps is seemingly not original since its illfitting to the swivel and also of a lesser quality than the original one.

Also, as @Jack59 pointed out, one of the chinstraps has been cut in an interesting way, which I believe he also found on one of his civil war era spanish helmets, do you guys have any guesses on the purpose of that?

Heres the pictures:

As always thanks for your help everybody

MAP
    ?

You certainly did you own homework which is good to see!

I would assume Spanish used as well, but lets wait for more opinions as these are not my strength.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Hi,
    yes, I confirm that this is an early production M33, used by the Spanish Army during the war.
    I would say that all the components are the original ones, except the chin strap, probably replaced after the war.
    A nice helmet.

Regards
    Roberto

Thanks a lot and have a great weekend guys