Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

2 Japanese buttons, Dai-nippon airline and foreign worker

Article about: I admit the Dai nippon airline button is really cool since i'm a aviation enthusiast, not sure if this button is pre 1938 when the government bought 50% of them, by 1942 they worked for the

Default 2 Japanese buttons, Dai-nippon airline and foreign worker

I admit the Dai nippon airline button is really cool since i'm a aviation enthusiast, not sure if this button is pre 1938 when the government bought 50% of them, by 1942 they worked for the government full time. Interestingly Saipan was one of the places they flew and this button came with some other Saipan bring backs. The second button is for a foreign worker in what i'm assuming is a ship yard.2 Japanese buttons, Dai-nippon airline  and foreign worker2 Japanese buttons, Dai-nippon airline  and foreign worker

大日本航空
    横濱支所
    Dai Nippon Airlines
    Yokohama Branch Office
    Imperial Japanese Airways - Wikipedia

外来者
    Gairai-sha
    stranger; visitor; outsider

A visitor button, it seems.

Thank you! They are cool!

Very cool artifacts!
    Dai Nippon Airlines initially operated out of the IJN’s Yokohama Airbase in Kanazawa-ku, Yokohama, which was also a flying boat base but opened its own facility near Negishi, also in Yokohama in 1940.
    There is nothing remaining of the flying boat base in Negishi (the bay before the airfield was completely filled up and turned into an oil refinery and where the passenger facilities were located is now a citizen’s pool) except a plaque stating that this was the site of the Yokohama Airfield at the entrance of the pool. Likewise, the bay before the IJN’s Yokohama Airbase was also filled up and turned into an industrial complex but the main gate to the airbase as well as one hangar which is now used by the Kanazawa Prefecture Police’s anti-riot squad as well as the runway? leading from the hangar to the ramp going into the bay still remains.
    I used to commute to a company located close to the IJN Yokohama airbase from Tokyo and would therefore pass by both sites every day.

Now thats some history!!! Thank you!

I will attach a shot from a pre-war navigational map.
    The T within the circle that I indicated by an arrow shows the location of the IJN's Yokohama Airbase from which Dai-Nippon Airlines also operated during its first years of existence.
    The other arrow further up is the approximate location of Yokohama Airport to which Dai-Nippon Airlines would move to in 1940.
    A large area east of the railway tracks would be later filled up and turned into industrial complexes with additional railway lines also being laid such as what is now the JR Yokosuka Line, the JR Negishi Line and the Yokohama Seaside Line.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 2 Japanese buttons, Dai-nippon airline  and foreign worker  

Thank you so much for this information! Your the best!