Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

2 japanese flags, original or fake????

Article about: they look fine to me, i have had several over the years and still have 3 here, about 2x2 ft. lot more writeing on them, most would have LOYALITY HONOR BRAVERY, Good luck in battle etc. and s

Default Re: 2 japanese flags, original or fake????

they look fine to me, i have had several over the years and still have 3 here, about 2x2 ft. lot more writeing on them, most would have LOYALITY HONOR BRAVERY, Good luck in battle etc. and signed by family and friends and other soldiers, l dont read kanji, but recognize a few characters, the big kanji on left top pic, looks like a name, and most did have the soldiers name on them, and were mostly done in large kanki on left or right sides, across the top in large kanji, mostly were LOYALITY ETC. LOYAL TO THE EMPOROR Etc. the smaller kanji around the sun are surely peoples names, prayers and slogans, were on some, like DEATH TO AMERICA AND ENGLAND, try and get them translated, they both look fine..

Thank you very much for your explanation.
    What type of ink used to write? The ink does not go away, if the ink moisten with water and touch it with a finger ...
    The ink at the ends of words, has small branches between the threads of the canvas. Could be written in modern pen?

The ink used is SUMI INK, it is NOT waterproof at all, if the flag got wet the ink will spread, you can wet a cloth and lightly rubb the black, and it should come off on the wet cloth...They used SUMI INK AND BRUSH, is why you have the branches between the threads, sumi ink runs when you write on cloth, and you have to be fast or it will just smear..SUMI ink still used in japan, its mostly hand ground carbon with water, and can be made highly thick and black to thin and dark grey ... You can buy SUMI today that is waterproof, but when dry, its shinny, and will crack if you bend the cloth..i use SUMI at work everyday, lm sure your flags are good, try and have someone translate, i,ll see if i can get a friernd who is japanese to check them out.....sorry for the long post....jerry

Very interesting Post.
    The ink in my flag, not crack.
    I'm looking in my city, a native of Japan
    Thanks, I appreciate

?

If I understand, you do not have the first flag. What was its history? The kanji on the second flag is what I would expect penmanship-wise and it is arranged in a manner consistent with the flags I have seen. It seems to me that a fake would have fewer signatures and there would be less fading of the signatures.

That's what I think, about the fakes, unless that this the falsification made ​​in Japan
    The first flag I wanted to buy, but definitely not like me, so you say, the type of writing.

Thanks tmys

They look incredibly clean for flags that should be over 60 years old. So they were either extremely well looked after, or they are modern repro's. A dealer-friend told me that these are being extensively faked in Japan.

Both genuine. Nice flags. William

Thanks for the answers
    I have read, especially in ribbons of medals, with ultraviolet light, should not react, not to shine. Also, this test of UV light in uniform until 1945.
    The cloths until 1945, did not use many chemicals. But now, many chemicals used, with UV light shine.
    It could be tested for UV light in a Japanese flag?? I think it should not shine if it is original WWII ....
    What do you think about this?
    thanks

It should not glow under a blacklight.

Cheers, Ade.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast