Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

2 Japanese helmets: a "blue" one and a police(?) helmet: What do you think please?

Article about: Dear all, May I ask you about these 2 Japanese helmets please? The "blue" one seems to be a 90 type, the police(?) helmet seems to be similiar to a civil defence helmet. What are y

Default 2 Japanese helmets: a "blue" one and a police(?) helmet: What do you think please?

Dear all,

May I ask you about these 2 Japanese helmets please? The "blue" one seems to be a 90 type, the police(?) helmet seems to be similiar to a civil defence helmet. What are your opinions about these helmets please? Maybe you know about the meaning of the blue colour and the characters? The helmets are authentic WW II?

With best wishes
    alter musketier
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 2 Japanese helmets: a "blue" one and a police(?) helmet: What do you think please?   2 Japanese helmets: a "blue" one and a police(?) helmet: What do you think please?  

2 Japanese helmets: a "blue" one and a police(?) helmet: What do you think please?   2 Japanese helmets: a "blue" one and a police(?) helmet: What do you think please?  

2 Japanese helmets: a "blue" one and a police(?) helmet: What do you think please?   2 Japanese helmets: a "blue" one and a police(?) helmet: What do you think please?  

In memory of my father who was in K-Einsatz, combat engagement, with the RAD in the Alps in 1945, of my grandfather who was with the IR 87 during campaign in France in 1940 and of my grand-uncle who served in the Gardegrenadierregiment Nr. 3 "Königin Elisabeth" and who was killed in action at Craonne, Chemin des Dames in France in 1917

I believe they are ww2 helmet but used post war.
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

MAP
    ?

First is post war painted. If I'm correct, blue was used for IJN not IJA. Here's a hand painted (assuming "shipboard") blue naval helmet I have my eye one....

2 Japanese helmets: a "blue" one and a police(?) helmet: What do you think please?
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

The second one's insignia is Police.........
    Regards,

Steve.

Blue one is for the Atsuta engine (outside)

アツタ

Atsuta
    Gai [outer/outside/outboard/exterior]

Quote by wiki
    The Aichi Kokuki KK AE1A Atsuta (Japanese:アツタ or 熱田) was a Japanese licensed version of the German Daimler-Benz DB 601A 12-cylinder liquid-cooled inverted-vee aircraft engine. The Atsuta powered only two models of Imperial Japanese Navy Air Service (IJNAS) aircraft in World War II. The Imperial Japanese Army Air Service (IJAAS) used the same engine (manufactured by Kawasaki as the Ha-40) to power its Kawasaki Ki-61 Hien (Allied reporting name "Tony") fighter. The IJNAS's Atsuta and its IJAAS cousin, the Ha-40 were based on the engine that powered Germany's Messerschmitt Bf 109E fighter.

source
    --Guy

Dear all,

Thank you very much for your informations.

May I ask some additional questions please? About the blue one: In this way maybe it was used by the engine plant security during WW 2?
    About the police helmet: I am right that this helmet type was a civil one or was it used by military units too?

With best wishes
    alter musketier
    In memory of my father who was in K-Einsatz, combat engagement, with the RAD in the Alps in 1945, of my grandfather who was with the IR 87 during campaign in France in 1940 and of my grand-uncle who served in the Gardegrenadierregiment Nr. 3 "Königin Elisabeth" and who was killed in action at Craonne, Chemin des Dames in France in 1917

?

The blue paint & kanji looks post war to me. The helmet with police insignia is war time in my opinion. The other navy helmet looks to have a repro or at least replaced insignia. Original ship boards were a shade of gray not blue