Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

2nd Edition - Japan at War is out!

Article about: I never saw the 1st Edition, but Russ Arendell, Gunnar Abramson, and Nick Komiya have collaborated to produce the 2nd Edition of "Japan at War", and it is an amazing tome! They cov

Default 2nd Edition - Japan at War is out!

I never saw the 1st Edition, but Russ Arendell, Gunnar Abramson, and Nick Komiya have collaborated to produce the 2nd Edition of "Japan at War", and it is an amazing tome! They cover in picture and text, just about everything we collectors collect. Nick Komiya has graciously contributed his research articles we have followed here, and Russ has his own historical discussions to enhance each section.

Russ has already distributed his 1st printing (I think), but is contemplating another print run. You can read about it at the end of this thread and get his contact info, if you'd like a copy: Japan at War - Militaria Book

I'm only a sword collector, but I've thoroughly enjoyed the history throughout the book.

I told him I no longer wished to have my articles featured after such a huge delay of two years as they had become outdated and were no longer current. He came back to tell me it was too late as they were already printed and he also unilaterally decided to cancel the two copies of the book he owed me for letting him use my articles. So in the end, he merely pirated my stories, so please kindly do not mention my name in association with such pirated material by such a character.

"Too late. It's finished. It was not about reviving the project. It was delayed. Not to worry. I won't send you your volumes if you don't wish. Good day, Russ"

If you must have it, another member here is selling his own print run of a pirated edition of this pirated material, so you might save money that way.
    Last edited by Nick Komiya; 08-04-2018 at 06:43 PM.

Nick, I will certainly honor your wishes on this. But, this reminds me of other historical events, books, and songs that have touched our lives. From Beethoven to the Beatles, from the Continental Congress to our modern-day president, great historical things have happened. But when we look back into the inner workings of it all we learn of the troubles and conflicts that happened. It doesn’t lessen the greatness of the work.

Most of the hundreds of readers that will read this book for years to come, don’t know of this conflict, but what they do know is how much their understanding and enjoyment of the hobby has been enriched by your work. We are all proud of the hard work, research and contributions you make. Years from now no one will remember this conflict outside of yourselves, but everyone will still be enjoying your work.

If you trust him with your money, just be warned that he might just pocket it and leave you high and dry the way he did with me. Anyway, my complete and uptodate articles are all available here for you to enjoy for free, so you won't be missing anything by passing on the small selection of my pirated work in this book.

?

I was very keen to buy a copy of this book but was told in no un-certain terms by Russ that he would not get me an international shipping cost and to find someone else in the US who would and get them to send it to me! He obviously doesn’t give a shit...

Regards

Russ

Quote by RussM View Post
    I was very keen to buy a copy of this book but was told in no un-certain terms by Russ that he would not get me an international shipping cost and to find someone else in the US who would and get them to send it to me! He obviously doesn’t give a shit...

Regards

Russ
    Russ,

If I can get my hands on one, I’ll mail it to you, if you like. Russ stuck his foot in “it” in the first run by covering shipping himself. With international shipping between $80-120, I could see why he balked.

If you’re willing to cover the cost, I’d send you one, if he still has one.

?

I asked him to get me a shipping cost to NZ - that is all he had to do - because I knew it would be expensive, and I wanted to see if it would be worth it to me, to buy a copy. I did not ask him to pay for it to be shipped to me, and he knew that. This is what he wrote:

“Your friend that I send the book to in the States will find out the shipping cost to New Zealand. Not me. Ask your friend as I will not deal with overseas shipping. Russ”

Bruce, I thank you for your offer of help but, quite frankly, he can shove his book.

Regards

Russ
    Last edited by RussM; 08-05-2018 at 10:55 AM.

?

I firmly believe if one contributes to a book they deserve a discounted if not gratis copy. He screwed quite a few of us from the first edition. It was such a large collector vanity book that the pages started coming loose!! Nick was treated unprofessionally in my opinion

He approached me for items to put in his 1st edition. I told him point blank I wanted a comped copy to use anything of mine. He agreed to this. When it was time to pony up the copy he said due to cost nobody he had promised was getting a copy. Well that would have been the end of it but several people spilled the beans publicly that they had received theirs. Bottom line is he is not a man of his word. When called on it publicly he will resort to mud slinging and name calling. He was name dropping Nick and his research to help sell copies of this book full well knowing he was screwing him over. I mean dang....Nick's name is on the cover for crying out loud! He can keep his book.

Shame on this fella! I'll keep to this one.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast