MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

3 swords, Japanese, possibly military-mass produced or replica, need help identifying ASAP

Article about: Okay, three blades. the largest I suspect is a katana, the next largest, chokuto, the next, wakizashi. Length of first is roughly 4 shaku, length of second is roughly 2 1/2 shaku, length of

Default 3 swords, Japanese, possibly military-mass produced or replica, need help identifying ASAP

Okay, three blades. the largest I suspect is a katana, the next largest, chokuto, the next, wakizashi.

Length of first is roughly 4 shaku, length of second is roughly 2 1/2 shaku, length of third is just under 2 shaku at 17 inches.

Here are several pictures; note the sheathing is moldy and the blades, while oiled, are grubby due to the oil being quite old. I show one blade because the others look just like it in terms of the grubbiness and copper section of the hilt.

That signature click of the hilt is just... so astoundingly relaxing. I'm sure you all know waht I mean.

They are at least 15 or so years old, as when my former sheriff's deputy uncle died (he was a hoarder with dementia at the last, sadly, and we received the swords as awarded by the courts post-decease) we got them then, and that was about 7 or 10 years ago.

We are in straits trying to pay the bills, ha. As much as I would like to keep these and get them properly honored by cleaning them up, the first one is too heavy for me (I'm short, too), we have no money, and why break up the set? so... yeah.

I am having a lot of trouble getting this to post the pictures... UGH. they just won't show up in the upload window, after it lets me put them in, from computer or website.
    I hope this isn't against against hte site rules; I can't get the picture poster thingie to work! O.o

I have them on IMGUR, my name there is TardisTowelStealer.

You may need to resize the images.. Open the photos in paint if you can and resize them.. I usually resize from 100% to 50%.. That may help..

Smitty

Default here are the pics

Ah, I worried about that; I will do that!

... wait. You mean for the uploader to register them, don't you? AT least I'm finalyl getting faster at recognizing what people mean, ahhh.

Ah! finally, it's 8:57 pm here and I got it to work. Gotta do them individually. Sigh. It has taken HOURs for this one picture to register in the manager, and only AFTER I shrank it past the planck scale, lol. I have 5 more. Will try to post them later.

3 swords, Japanese, possibly military-mass produced or replica, need help identifying ASAP
    Last edited by ShakuTojisaya; 07-21-2020 at 03:04 AM. Reason: trying to post iimages

MAP
    ?

Welcome Sakhu

The photo you post now is actually too small. I think you reduced in in size too much. How much did you reduce the size?

Try uploading them one at a time in a larger size. I found that if you upload too many large format photos, it sometimes doesn't work. I routinely post high quality photos with no problem so not sure what the issue is. In the odd case I do have to reduce the image size, 1,600 x 1,200 works fine.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Looks like a set of 3 from pakistan.

?

More pictures would have been better, but anyway i posted what i could find, resized down a bit.
    I agree, i don't think these are Japanese at all.

Quote by stegel View Post
    ...I agree, i don't think these are Japanese at all.
    Nope, I agree with Stegel. Sorry about that but ... they won't help pay the bills.

-- Guy