Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

33rd division marked Japanese flag

Article about: I know the pictures aren't that good, but I couldn't wait to share this item. Just bought this flag from a lady who's grandfather had served in the 33rd infantry division during ww2 and brou

?

Default 33rd division marked Japanese flag

I know the pictures aren't that good, but I couldn't wait to share this item.

Just bought this flag from a lady who's grandfather had served in the 33rd infantry division during ww2 and brought this flag home with him. The markings on this is outstanding and truly a one of a piece item. Very excited to add this to the collection!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 33rd division marked Japanese flag   33rd division marked Japanese flag  

MAP
    ?

Very nice Wally. Shows its age but if you have the time/$ you can frame it

Can't wait to see close ups!
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Quote by MAP View Post
    Very nice Wally. Shows its age but if you have the time/$ you can frame it

Can't wait to see close ups!
    Thanks MAP, i'm really interested in the MG and Mortar stitching's on the sides as I haven't seen those before

MAP
    ?

Quote by Wally6 View Post
    Thanks MAP, i'm really interested in the MG and Mortar stitching's on the sides as I haven't seen those before
    Same here
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Aw man! I love that! Congrats

Quote by Wally6 View Post
    They look painted to me, not stitched. Actually the sun looks painted to me as well. Is the sun painted, or is that just the way it looks on my monitor? If painted, I think it would have been something they made up themselves and not captured. I could see them wanting a cool take-home souvenir -- I wonder if more were made for the rest of the group?

Anyway, it's a cool souvenir that would look great in a PacWar collection.

• Reconstituted and activated 1 April 1942 in the Army of the United States as 136th Infantry (organized from infantry personnel of the 33rd Division) and assigned to 33rd Infantry Division.

• Inactivated 5 February 1946 at Otsu, Japan, and relieved from assignment to 33rd Infantry Division.

-- Guy

Interesting flag and artwork. Is that a Maxim gun?

Think it's an M1917 Browning.
    Tony

?

Hello everyone, I was finally able to go and pick up the flag this morning. The sun disk isn't painted as some thought it might be, but the browning and mortar were definitely painted on. Next step with this flag is to get it properly framed to conserve it for future generations
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 33rd division marked Japanese flag   33rd division marked Japanese flag  

33rd division marked Japanese flag   33rd division marked Japanese flag  

33rd division marked Japanese flag  

“...sun not painted on...”

Even better! A period flag was used.

GREAT!

— Guy