Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Another Japanese uniform jacket: Authentic WW II?

Article about: Dear all, May I ask you about this Japanese uniform jacket too please? What are your opinions about, any informations are wellcome. With best wishes alter musketier

Default Another Japanese uniform jacket: Authentic WW II?

Dear all,

May I ask you about this Japanese uniform jacket too please? What are your opinions about, any informations are wellcome.

With best wishes
    alter musketier

Another Japanese uniform jacket: Authentic WW II?Another Japanese uniform jacket: Authentic WW II?Another Japanese uniform jacket: Authentic WW II?Another Japanese uniform jacket: Authentic WW II?Another Japanese uniform jacket: Authentic WW II?Another Japanese uniform jacket: Authentic WW II?Another Japanese uniform jacket: Authentic WW II?
    In memory of my father who was in K-Einsatz, combat engagement, with the RAD in the Alps in 1945, of my grandfather who was with the IR 87 during campaign in France in 1940 and of my grand-uncle who served in the Gardegrenadierregiment Nr. 3 "Königin Elisabeth" and who was killed in action at Craonne, Chemin des Dames in France in 1917

The Tabs have been added later

MAP
    ?

Agree. Looks like unissued stock with tabs added later. This is quite common.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Ditto and ditto.

Unissued Summer weight or Tropical type. The little pockets on the sides are vents. A good example but with added insignia as stated. Not hard to find but certainly worth owning. NH

Rod
    ?

Depot stamp says: medium size, Showa 19 (1944), Osaka Depot.

Dear all,

Thank you very much for your evaluations. Cool, I would not have seen that the tabs were added later. How is the way to recognize it?

With best wishes
    alter musketier
    In memory of my father who was in K-Einsatz, combat engagement, with the RAD in the Alps in 1945, of my grandfather who was with the IR 87 during campaign in France in 1940 and of my grand-uncle who served in the Gardegrenadierregiment Nr. 3 "Königin Elisabeth" and who was killed in action at Craonne, Chemin des Dames in France in 1917

Anything in really good condition like this jacket, is usually not a vet bring back, so that means this jacket is more than likely from Japan, after the war all the insignia was taken off everything left in Japan, so the chances of these tabs being on it during the war is very low...also you can just tell by the way the tabs sit on the jacket, they just look to sit too high, instead of being more 'worn' into it..i hope this helps

Quote by wizardman View Post
    Anything in really good condition like this jacket, is usually not a vet bring back, so that means this jacket is more than likely from Japan, after the war all the insignia was taken off everything left in Japan, so the chances of these tabs being on it during the war is very low...also you can just tell by the way the tabs sit on the jacket, they just look to sit too high, instead of being more 'worn' into it..i hope this helps
    Dear wizardman,

Thank you very much, it helps

With best wishes
    alter musketier

?

When you run into a mint tunic with no owners hand written name inside likely insignias were added post war

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast