Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Another Japanese WWII item "What is this"??

Article about: This was advertised as a Japanese WWII Engineer Pouch. I hope someone knows what this leather pouch is. 9 inches long by 5 inches high by 2 1/2 inches deep. The cover flap is sewed 3 inches

?

Default Another Japanese WWII item "What is this"??

This was advertised as a Japanese WWII Engineer Pouch. I hope someone knows what this leather pouch is. 9 inches long by 5 inches high by 2 1/2 inches deep. The cover flap is sewed 3 inches down the back, making the cover being able to really unfold. The inside is either Bakelite or plastic, see images for detailing. Something fits into the concave design. There is a flap covering the Bakelite item is snapped and cover what ever is underneath. It looks like something else sat on top of the flap cover. The only markings are on the strap and is a proof stamp.
    Another Japanese WWII item "What is this"??Another Japanese WWII item "What is this"??Another Japanese WWII item "What is this"??Another Japanese WWII item "What is this"??Another Japanese WWII item "What is this"??Another Japanese WWII item "What is this"??Another Japanese WWII item "What is this"??

I could not find anything referencing the pouch. Hope someone here has some information.
    kaydee
    Dwight Brown

?

How much did it end up costing you?

?

It doesn't matter. Do you have any information or not. If NOT stay off my post!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !
    kaydee
    Last edited by Alan M; 12-31-2019 at 08:27 PM.

?

Nope & you can't stop me. Research first. We are not your private book of knowledge

It was not "We" who asked him how much it ended up costing. Now it is "We" who are not the private book of knowledge. Oh boy.

Kaydee,

You're a bit out of line. Many of us don't have expertise in some of the items that get posted, but we enjoy the conversation. I have often chimed in on a thread I knew nothing about (sometimes because no one was answering) and it generates interest in others that eventually happen along and actually know the answer.

Our collecting world is pretty close-knit and we all (mostly) take great effort in getting along. I recommend patience and grace.

?

I guess I made a mistake in Posting any threads here. if you think I was out of line for posting my question, then so be it. I thought this Forum was a area of information for collectors that have exhausted their resources and was asking the members for any additional information they might have. I guess I was wrong. There might be some who don't have the expertise but there might be just one. That one person is who I was reaching out to.
    Waiting for your response.
    kaydee

Kaydee,
    "Communication is a terrible thing!" One of my favorite quotes!

You missunderstood me. I wasn't saying that you were out of line for posting your item - this is a great place for that. You were out of line in how you were speaking to Jareth. He is a longtime member of this forum and a great guy. He was just making conversation with you.

This forum is a place for shared discussion, not a source of information on demand.

The more knowledgable members here have spent years, often decades, accumulating the information they have in their heads. They are human beings, and they expect common courtesy and good manners in return for their help. If you want answers on demand, perhaps Google is more your cup of tea.

B.B.

Kaydee, can you please post photos of the marks or stamps?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast