Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Arisaka sling

Article about: Hello all, This sling was on a type 38 long rifle that I purchased from a local auction. The auction consisted of this rifle, a Shin-gunto sword (Without a saya), and a type 30 bayonet with

Default Arisaka sling

Hello all,

This sling was on a type 38 long rifle that I purchased from a local auction. The auction consisted of this rifle, a Shin-gunto sword (Without a saya), and a type 30 bayonet with scabbard. All items came from a vets house that passed away last year. All these items were found in the attic.

I tried to look up the meaning of these Kanji (I assume the kanji are authentic?) If so, and if I’m correct, it’s signifying “Training rifle?”. I’ve seen kanji on slings... but only marked in white letter not yellow. Also, at the bottom of photo “M1?”

For what it’s worth, the rifle is in pretty good shape with great lands and groves. It definitely isn’t a training trifle and isn’t marked as one either.

Thanks,
    D
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Arisaka sling   Arisaka sling  

Antiaircraft Battery South 017

Wow! I was way off.. thank you!