Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Authentic Japanese Sword?

Article about: It is not Chinese buta butchered Japanese blade that is ruined It appears to be the incompetent work of a Westener.

?

Default Authentic Japanese Sword?

Hello,
    I need some help identifying this sword. Is this Japanese sword authentic or is it a reproduction? The sword looks like that it used to longer like a katana, but it seems as though it has been shortened. Are the fittings correct for this type of sword? If this sword truly is authentic what year does it date to? I will greatly appreciate any help.
    Thank You
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Authentic Japanese Sword?   Authentic Japanese Sword?  

Authentic Japanese Sword?   Authentic Japanese Sword?  

Authentic Japanese Sword?   Authentic Japanese Sword?  

Default Re: Authentic Japanese Sword?

I have seen this sword before recently. The point has been broken off and crudely reshaped. There will be no temper in the point and the blade is worthless. As I recall, after reworking the tip, someone tried painting over the discoloration due to the damage. Not a sword worth investing any money in.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

?

Is this sword authentic?

I need to see pictures of the blade tang. It appears to be what is left of a real Japanese sword.
    BOB

?

Does this sword have all of the correct mountings? Also, how would I go about taking the handle off, to reveal the tang?

Quote by camry View Post
    Does this sword have all of the correct mountings? Also, how would I go about taking the handle off, to reveal the tang?
    There is a tapered pin in the handle. Use a nail set to push it out. If it does not comeout easily, you can use a hammer to tap the peg out with the nail set. If the handle does not slide of easily, use a rubber or plastic mallet to lightly pound on the tsuba and loosen the handle.
    As to the mountings, from the photos they appear to be mass produced period pieces.
    BOB

A Chinese wall hanger, someone obviously broke the tip and reshaped it. imo it would not be worth more than $25.00

Cheers-

D.L

For authentic Japanese swords check this site out- Japanese Swords Arms & Armor Home

Thanks for posting Authentic Japanese Sword images. Really this Authentic Japanese Sword are looking very nice and sharp.

Best wishes,
    Daniel

?

pictures of the tang and fittings.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Authentic Japanese Sword?   Authentic Japanese Sword?  

?

looks Chinese by that nakago.

Cheers

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast