Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

bullet proof bodyshield

Article about: Hello, This came in today and i am shocked of the weight of this item. Imo very unpractical to wear in combat. Never saw one like this one in medieval style. Regards Delibes

Default bullet proof bodyshield

Hello,

This came in today and i am shocked of the weight of this item.
    Imo very unpractical to wear in combat.
    Never saw one like this one in medieval style.

Regards
    Delibes
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture bullet proof bodyshield   bullet proof bodyshield  

Commercial private purchase item. The writing on the reversed scale says on the top " Perpetual Victory" and below it, it says "Sennari Byoutan Type". Note how each metal scale is shaped like a hanging Hyoutan Gourd.

Rather than any practicality in combat, the item obviously tries to offer comfort like a good luck charm by borrowing from War Lord, Hideyoshi Toyotomi's legendary battle standard of Sennari-byoutan (1000 Hyoutan Gourds).

Legend has it that he started out with one golden gourd, but heeding his boss, Nobunaga's suggestion, he added more gourds for each victory.

As Hideyoshi hailed from the Nagoya area, this kind of commercial exploitation of a local legend hints at the user and maker as being from that area.
    Attached Images Attached Images bullet proof bodyshield  bullet proof bodyshield 

Interresting body-armour. Never seen this one. Can you tell me some more about this? Is this Japanese or Chinese? WW1 or WW2 or Korea??

Looks very like old Roman scale armour.

bullet proof bodyshield

Cheers Paul

Thank you very mutch nick for your explanation!!!