Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Business Cards BCOF Japan

Article about: Thought I'd share a wallet with business cards found in a grouping from what looks to be a shady RAAF officer in Japan! I have his uniforms that was found on the street for rubbish decades a

Default Business Cards BCOF Japan

Thought I'd share a wallet with business cards found in a grouping from what looks to be a shady RAAF officer in Japan! I have his uniforms that was found on the street for rubbish decades ago and the neighbors noted he was shady!

RAAF Iwakuni

Yeah, sounds interesting! His business card (you have 5) reads:

英聯邦航空隊本部
    憲兵隊長
    濟洲王立航空隊

大尉 A. T. プラウド

日本岩国駐屯
    電話四四四番

British Commonwealth Air Corps Headquarters
    Military Police Chief
    Jeju Royal Flying Corps

Captin A.T. Proud

Japan, Iwakuni Base
    Tel. No. 444

Modern kanji for Cheju (J.: Saishū; Saishūdo) 済州; 済州道
    Interestingly enough, I was the camp commander at Chejudo Training Center (Jeju) in 1989. There were some old aircraft bunkers nearby, but those were Japanese used for kamikaze flights. They were afterwards used by Korean farmers for storage.

Cheju-do had an interesting Korea War history with lots of locals killed in a communist v. anti-communist civil war; also, used as a POW camp.

Maybe the good captain was there just after the war? He might have been at the main airfield at Cheju City. My camp was directly opposite Cheju City, just over Mt. Hallasan, on the south shore of the island near a town called Seogwipo.
    -- Guy

Ahh cheers Guy great to read the direct Japanese translation Thanks Mate! I can't say more really but Thanks again. Your service history & information you have provided was not expected!!
    Last edited by reneblacky; 11-18-2021 at 06:58 AM. Reason: added Text

Quote by ghp95134 View Post
    Yeah, sounds interesting! His business card (you have 5) reads:

英聯邦航空隊本部
    憲兵隊長
    濟洲王立航空隊

大尉 A. T. プラウド

日本岩国駐屯
    電話四四四番

British Commonwealth Air Corps Headquarters
    Military Police Chief
    Jeju Royal Flying Corps

Captin A.T. Proud

Japan, Iwakuni Base
    Tel. No. 444

Modern kanji for Cheju (J.: Saishū; Saishūdo) 済州; 済州道
    Interestingly enough, I was the camp commander at Chejudo Training Center (Jeju) in 1989. There were some old aircraft bunkers nearby, but those were Japanese used for kamikaze flights. They were afterwards used by Korean farmers for storage.

Cheju-do had an interesting Korea War history with lots of locals killed in a communist v. anti-communist civil war; also, used as a POW camp.

Maybe the good captain was there just after the war? He might have been at the main airfield at Cheju City. My camp was directly opposite Cheju City, just over Mt. Hallasan, on the south shore of the island near a town called Seogwipo.
    -- Guy
    as written above, Cheers Guy.