Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Civil Cap and armband ?

Article about: Hello all, Hope you all had a great weekend! I picked up a couple of pieces over the weekend and was looking to get some feedback The. cap appears to be Civil to me. It has no ties on the re

Default Civil Cap and armband ?

Hello all, Hope you all had a great weekend! I picked up a couple of pieces over the weekend and was looking to get some feedback The. cap appears to be Civil to me. It has no ties on the reverse for adjustment as well as no grommets or "Vent holes" on the side or liner It does have a leather sweat band and chin strap but I am curious about the Army Star? It seems to have been there for quite some time?? but don't recall seeing anything like this lately also came with this armband that
    has an interesting tension adjustment. I cannot tell if it is somewhat elastic or just to allow movement any help would be appreciated.

Regards, Geoff
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Civil Cap and armband ?   Civil Cap and armband ?  

Civil Cap and armband ?   Civil Cap and armband ?  

Civil Cap and armband ?   Civil Cap and armband ?  

MAP
    ?

Not sure exactly the Japanese translation is for the armband, but it transliterates into something like "whole Army" or "All Army".

Guy/Nick/Others can give you the exact meaning.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

The armband is postwar for the US Okinawa Base Worker's Labor Union established in July 1961. They merged into the All Japan Garrison Forces Labor Union in 1978.

The cap looks home-made for a reservist.