Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Comms Collectors -- Help Please!

Article about: Guys, I'm hoping for the slim chance that someone might recognize these labels from some sort of comm equipment. Could be a phone, a radio, etc. They were found being used like menugi on a T

Default Comms Collectors -- Help Please!

Guys,
    I'm hoping for the slim chance that someone might recognize these labels from some sort of comm equipment. Could be a phone, a radio, etc. They were found being used like menugi on a Type 3/Rinji Seishiki sword. My bet is that the officer was commanding a Comms unit, or pure specualtion, his radio operator took a hit, and he put these on his sword as a momento. I emphasize - pure specualtion - but it would be cool if I could find out what sort of equipment they came from.

Translations from Kiipu, at NMB:
    接 = setsu = on, on-position, of switch.

受聽器 = juchōki = earphones, headphones.

纖條電源 = senjō dengen = filament supply. A related term would be senjō dengen hen-atsuki 纖條電源變壓器 [filament supply transformer].

Source: United States, War Department. Japanese-English Technical Terms Dictionary. TM 30-482, November 1946.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Comms Collectors -- Help Please!   Comms Collectors -- Help Please!  

Comms Collectors -- Help Please!  

Cool! I once had my handle wrapped using silver jump wings for menuki.

-- Guy

Heard back from Ben:

plate reads Headphone(Receiver)
    could be of a radio, or fieldphone or such.
    no way of determining which set.
    Oh well, I tried!!

Thanks Guy! I'll have to settle with what we have then.

Like someone said on Gunboards, it's more likely something put there by a returning G.I., but my imagined scenario is more dramatic sounding!

Harrison987 just posted this radio over on Wehrmacht-awards. The labels aren't clear enough to see if they are an exact match, but it does show what guys have been saying about the labels I'm trying to identify, as being from a radio:
    Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Comms Collectors -- Help Please!