Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Enamel id badge - Japanese or Chinese

Article about: Assume this is a factory id badge. The characters look to be 双葉, which would be Futaba in Japanese. But with the red star is this a Chinese badge? Indeed did Japanese factories / arsenal

Default Enamel id badge - Japanese or Chinese

Assume this is a factory id badge. The characters look to be 双葉, which would be Futaba in Japanese. But with the red star is this a Chinese badge? Indeed did Japanese factories / arsenals use badges like this?
    Cheers,
    Tony

May well be Japanese, but use of "No." suggests postwar. How is the attachment arrangement on the rear side? Screw-back is postwar.

Hi Nick, yes I wondered about the No. The attachment is a small safety pin. I saw that there was a significant company, Futaba Corp., founded in 1948, but couldn't see any sign of a red star icon being used for it.
    Cheers,
    Tony

Futaba is a very common name. Parents in my neighborhood used to want to get their children into Futaba Kindergarten. Seedlings start by sprouting two tiny leaves (Futaba), which is why there are so many Futaba Kindergartens.
    Attached Images Attached Images Enamel id badge - Japanese or Chinese 

Did you get in???

No, I could not join the seedlings, as I got segregated into an institution for the gifted.

Hopefully the little seedlings were still able to flourish, albeit, maybe, without developing an interest in the history of the IJA!
    Cheers,
    Tony