Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Fake or real Kai Guntō ?

Article about: Hello, im about to buy a gunto for a price, can you guys tell me if it is a real kai gunto or a chinese replica. I don't really know to spot diferences between a real one and a fake one so i

Quote by Gunto View Post
    Sure, but not that sword.
    The black is silver and is best quality shingunto fittings. That sword is nothing of that. The lock clip button missing the sakura blossom is a dead give away.
    Also, the sarute (rank tassel loop) looks like it came from a Type 95 NCO gunto.

Here's a pic of a really nice blackened rig. Note the chuso
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Fake or real Kai Guntō ?  

Think, i'm going to take it bc he sells it at very low price. So thanks for your help.

?

Quote by carlitooooo View Post
    Think, i'm going to take it bc he sells it at very low price. So thanks for your help.
    Low price? For a fake? You will regret You bought it.

?

The itomaki is wrong.

?

The Ito looks knackered rather than wrong, and the mounts look much better than the run of the mill fake. If you do buy it, let us all have a look at the tang........ Sometimes it's worth taking a punt on a risky blade.

Might ask the seller to disassemble it, let's hope he has the time to do it. The ito looks weird to be honestlike it has been remake. I keep you informed.

?

Quote by DaveR View Post
    The Ito looks knackered rather than wrong, and the mounts look much better than the run of the mill fake. If you do buy it, let us all have a look at the tang........ Sometimes it's worth taking a punt on a risky blade.
    Wrong it is. you know apparently nothing about itomaki.

?

Where are the other experts?

?

Theres so many issues with the mounts. Start with the habaki. Looks so new and strange shape.
    Tsuba looks strange and new. Fuchi and kabutogane’s sakura motif isnt looking right. Wrong sarute. Wrong looking screw for sarute. Itomaki cross over dosnt switch and thats a noob mistake.
    Plastic tsuka. Ashi is placed to low. New paint on saya? Blade looks weird.

Quote by Gunto View Post
    Wrong it is. you know apparently nothing about itomaki.
    Gunto, we don't mind tossing around pros and cons with you, but careless insults like this are what drives beginners away from our hobby and site. You know nothing about Dave Rushworth or you wouldn't have said such a senseless thing. We are here because we love Japanese swords, not because we love being rude to each other. Get a filter my friend.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast