Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Flag Help

Article about: Hello: I was sent the attached pictures by a person who said that their father brought it back after WWII. Not much writing on it and it certainly has seen some age (or been aged). Hopefully

?

Default Flag Help

Hello:
    I was sent the attached pictures by a person who said that their father brought it back after WWII. Not much writing on it and it certainly has seen some age (or been aged). Hopefully the pictures are in the correct orientation. If not, I can request additional pictures. I did ask for pictures of both sides. Any thoughts on the authenticity of this flag and translation?
    Thank you!
    Flag Help
    Flag Help
    Flag Help
    Flag Help
    Flag Help
    Flag Help

It is a wartime flag owned by a neighborhood association for decoration use at festivities like the summer Obon Festival. These square flags, not in national flag ratio were generally for vertical hanging from a rope.

?

Thank you Nick. Does the writing mention a location or some sort of announcement?

The resolution is a bit off to be 100% sure, but I see nothing that can translate into an actual geographical location. It goes like Neighborhood Association, Ward 3, Section 5, Large Sector, Group 3 as if it is some battle station on the Death Star.

?

that BATTLE STAR DEATH STATION is not a good duty station. finally a real deal flag.