MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Flag(Not Mine)Help

Article about: I was asked if this is a good flag. I do not know. So I posted it here to get a correct answer for my friend. If I have to go over and get a better picture let me know. I was told it was a v

?

Default Flag(Not Mine)Help

I was asked if this is a good flag. I do not know. So I posted it here to get a correct answer for my friend. If I have to go over and get a better picture let me know. I was told it was a vet piece. He had it framed. Thanks,Rich A. in Pa.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Flag(Not Mine)Help  
    1969 Shelby GT-500 King of the Road
    Knowledge is power, guard it well.

It is a messed up example of a so-called "Tojo Flag", a fake made up by American Seabees as souvenirs. I created for your friend a comparison between his beat up version and a fresher one, though both are equally fake as Chinese Rolexes.

As you can see, the fakers were quite consistent with Tojo's signature in exactly the same place, etc.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Flag(Not Mine)Help   Flag(Not Mine)Help  

?

Thanks nick komiya.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Flag(Not Mine)Help  
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

?

Thank You. Rich A. in Pa.
    1969 Shelby GT-500 King of the Road
    Knowledge is power, guard it well.

Rich,

Although this flag has been identified as a reproduction, it is rather unique given that some entrepreneuring Seabees or Marines may have crafted this up for a quick buck.. I like the photo of them being mass produced..

@Nick,

Again many thanks for your expertise and knowledge in identifying these artifacts for what they truly are.. You are quite gifted and talented..

Smitty