Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Golden Kite order 7th

Article about: Hi guys. I have just bought this lovely medal. The golden kite 7th. It is very interesting to date these medals and in this case I think because of the letters are in gold colour this medal

?

Default Golden Kite order 7th

Hi guys.

I have just bought this lovely medal. The golden kite 7th.
    It is very interesting to date these medals and in this case I think because of the letters are in gold colour this medal is not from WW2. I think it is from the 2nd Manchurian incident beacuse the lapped ribbon with this medal was issued in 1936.

But of course, I am not sure about it as I am not an expert. May be real experts in the forum could confirm or not my conclusions.

Thank you very much.

Golden Kite order 7th

Golden Kite order 7th

You have already read my Golden Kite Story, so there is not much more to add. The only question is whether the lapel rosette really was an original set with the order and case.

That rosette clearly dates it after May 1936, but there were no Ronkoh-Kohsho prize-givings until April 1938, which were for those that died in the China Incident. By the Kosho of the living of 29th April 1940, which would have used boxes made in 1941, the lettering would have been silver instead of gold.

So yours was either for a soldier that fell in the China Incident or an earlier Kite with replaced rosette. However, that already assumes that the case was original to the order, so the only sure thing is that it's a Showa type instead of a Meiji/Taisho type. Otherwise dating Kites can only be educated guesses at best.

?

Hi Nick.

Thank you for your comments. You are really an expert in that kind of things.
    But I am in doubt. How do you know it is a Showa type instead of a Meiji/Taisho type?.

Thank you again.

Here's the comparison
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Golden Kite order 7th  

?

Thank you Nick.

A usefull information, as always.