Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Group Photo of Japanese Soldiers with writing on back needing translation.

Article about: I have an original photo of Japanese soldiers with writing on the back of the photo. I purchased several photos to compliment a display I'm working on. This photo has the best writing out of

Default Group Photo of Japanese Soldiers with writing on back needing translation.

I have an original photo of Japanese soldiers with writing on the back of the photo. I purchased several photos to compliment a display I'm working on. This photo has the best writing out of the lot of photos. Just wondering what the writing says....

Thanks

Group Photo of Japanese Soldiers with writing on back needing translation.Group Photo of Japanese Soldiers with writing on back needing translation.
    Last edited by godzilla2007; 12-23-2018 at 07:14 PM.

I can only make out the first line and a half:

軍隊生徒 第四年目
    昭和拾年四月千葉県習志野...

Fourth-year Army Students
    Showa 10th year, April. Chiba Prefecture, Narashino .....

Notice that the class NCOIC is shooting daggers at the two guys laughing???? Who says soldiers aren't a happy lot? (And the NCO sitting down looks like he's suppressing a laugh as well ...)

--Guy

Thanks for the information Guy. The photo is interesting in that it captured both the lighthearted and sternness at that particular instance.