Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Grouping navy captain

Article about: Hi, This nice grouping came also in today and i think it is rather rare to find a named complete medalbar. This grouping belonged to Naval captain Awano. At first he was gunnery officer on a

Default Grouping navy captain

Hi, This nice grouping came also in today and i think it is rather rare to find a named complete medalbar.

This grouping belonged to Naval captain (A....) Haruhichi.
    At first he was gunnery officer on a battleship wich saw action at the destruction of the chinese fleet in 1896 and the relief of Peking in 1900.
    During first ww1 he participated in the siege of the german garrison of Tsingtao in 1915 and the expedition of Siberia in 1922.
    The lot consists of personal documents, letters, scrolls and medals. All the award and promotion document of the medals are present. The medal bar consists of the
    1896 china medal, 1900 boxer rebellion, Russo japan war medal, taisho entronement medal, tsingtao medal, Siberian expedition medal, victory medal, Showa entronement and 2600 th anniversary medal.
    Also loose the rising sun 6th class and the sacred treasure 5th class.
    The medals cover a period of aproximated 44 yeras of service. The wooden box where the medals where conserved is in fact for instrument because on top of it you can read "torpedo instrument case".
    A lott of pictures also a photo album from him in the showa period on board of the battleship Mikasa.
    To big to take from everything a picture. In my eyes this is pure history so enjoy.

Regards
    Delibes
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Grouping navy captain   Grouping navy captain  

Grouping navy captain   Grouping navy captain  

Grouping navy captain  
    Last edited by delibes; 05-08-2023 at 10:25 PM.

?

Interesting grouping, especially the photo of the early configuration Sumida Armored Cars doing a demonstration in Japan.

Some questions/concerns I have is that there was no captain named Awano I can find in the IJN. Also the award does not appear to be named to him.

Thank you Austin, Maybe was the traduction off his name not correct done. Not the first time i have this problem. But we will search together What name is on the medal papers please? And i took a picture of another medal paper so it could help. Anyway thank you for helping me again.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Grouping navy captain  

First diploma dated Showa 15 [1940] for the Rising Sun 8th Class... cannot see the recipient's name -- it will be on the far right of the diploma.

The other two certificates are to the same person ........ but.....

陸軍歩兵二等卒五百藏春吉
    Army Infantry Private 2nd Class Ioroi Haruhichi
    Marksmanship Certificate
    Dated Meiji 44 [1911]

Note: The rank 二等卒 "Nito-sotsu" changed to 二等兵 Nitōhei in Showa 3 [1928].

陸軍歩兵軍曹五百藏春吉
    Army Infantry Master Sergeant Ioroi Haruhichi
    Dated Taisho 3~4 [1914~1915]

-- Guy
    Last edited by ghp95134; 05-08-2023 at 05:20 PM. Reason: Info about Nitosotsu > Nitohei

Ok Guy, now i know where to look and i take the translater on my phone and looked several documents and on all is the name that you stated.
    So this one is now clear and we can asume that the grouping belonged to this guy.
    Guy and Austin thank you for youre input and always there helping me in my collecting hobby. Know that in my eyes you are very important for the forum here.

Regards
    Delibes

I agree 100% with Delibes!!!

Geoff

The ribbons should be displayed in this order with the Order of the Rising Sun first, and the Sacred Treasure in second place:
    Grouping navy captain

The last ribbon is the Japanese Red Cross Association medal.

-- Guy

Regarding the marksmanship certificate, your man was assigned to the:
    歩兵第三十九聯隊第十一中
    39th Infantry Regiment, Company 11

The regiment was commanded by [signed the document]
    陸軍少佐目加田生五郎
    Army Major Mekata Shōgoro
    Japanese link here

English translation of Mekata's military career:

• July 27, Meiji 27 [1894] Graduated from the Military Academy (5th grade)
    • September 17, Meiji 27 [1894] Infantry Second Lieutenant
    • August 29, Meiji 38 [1905] Army Infantry Major; Battalion Commander, 39th Infantry Regiment
    • March 16, Meiji 45 [1912] Infantry 20th Regiment
    • August 10, Taisho 4 [1914] Infantry Lieutenant Colonel; Attached to the 41st Infantry Regiment
    • August 10, Taisho 4 [1914] Retired / Reserves
    • October 7, Taisho 4 [1914] Died

Cheers,
    -- Guy

Box:

駆水頭部二型 Water Driving Head Model 2
    九一式魚雷改三用 For Type 91 Torpedo Kai 3
    補用品格納筺 Spare parts storage box
    常用電球共 Use common light bulb
    精第一〇五號 No. 105

This info is for the type 2 water driving head for the type 95 torpedo. Obviously this box is much deeper than yours, so I suspect just "spare parts" for this gizmo.

Grouping navy captain
    この「駆水頭部二型九五式魚雷頭部 自沈装置時計」はその名の通り、九 式魚雷の駆水頭部に使用される物で す。
    Japanese Link
    As the name suggests, this "water driving head type 2 type 95 torpedo head self-sinking device clock" is used for the water driving head of the type 95 torpedo.

Cheers,
    -- Guy

Again Guy you amazed me with youre research! I couldn't expect more. Thank you kindly my friend.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast