Apex Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Guntai-Techo Entry

Article about: Good day to you all. While referring to the article below by the venerated Nick Komiya , I remembered that part of some articles I found during the holiday clean up was this Guntai-techou .

Default Guntai-Techo Entry

Good day to you all. While referring to the article below by the venerated Nick Komiya , I remembered that part of some articles I found during the holiday clean up was this Guntai-techou . I can just barely scrap together what is written but would like some assistance on exactly what is written on this particular entry and ESPECIALLY to THE RIGHT on the cause of demise in 1937. I can also upload other pages if anyone interested wants to have a further look. Here is the comprehensive guide by Nick , just in case;

The Evolution of the Japanese Army Passbook (1871-1945) 

Thank you and stay safe. OnO

Guntai-Techo Entry
    Last edited by Comekaze; 08-17-2022 at 12:21 PM. Reason: typo. in to if

On 10th of Feb. 1938 he died of a blasting wound to the head at a fort in Hebei Province, China. The left page is boring stuff, telling which date he was paid up to at the 15th Rgt. when he transferred out.

Thank you, Nick. Much appreciated.

Having part of his head blown away, the most gruesome entry I've read so far.

As has been said Join the Army. Get Your Head Blown Off. Reminds me of the Ralph Morse LIFE magazine photo taken off Guadalcanal in 1942 . War is brutal. I think I have another techou somewhere with the more graceful bullet to the head story.