Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Havelock. Original?

Article about: Hey everyone, I'm looking for opinions on this havelock. I read Nick Komiyas write up on these, and based on his research, I believe this one to be legitimate. However, there has been some s

In that case, there should be a sharp trough, which I do not see.

They are sewn back to front. The lighting on my previous photos wasn't the best, but there is a clear trough. I'm going to get better photos later today.

Not very helpful to show the rear side. Just flip the hook over and from the intended front side, show the crisp pressed outline that goes around the circumference of the hook to match what the drawing shows.

Will do.

I don't think we need those photos anymore, because not only are the hardware wrong, but the marking applied is bogus. The leftmost box should have shown the company name of 福助足袋, but instead exhibits the gibberish 福助府立.

As Fukusuke is still an existing company in Japan, some cautious repro companies in Japan change part of the name to create a fictitious company name for fear of getting sued for trademark infringements. That was the case here.

Came from Warren Sessler??
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Havelock. Original?  

Here's a photo showing the ridge on the reverse side of the clip. Also, the thickness of the metal, when measured with my micrometer, came out to be 0.5 mm in thickness, not the 0.3 specified; however, the technical drawing appears to call out a material thickness of 0.3mm for mild steel, and a 0.5mm thickness for aluminum alloy. Please correct me If I am misinterpreting that.
    Havelock. Original?

As for the manufacturing stamp, I would like to refer you to the following photo.
    Havelock. Original?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Havelock. Original?  

Yes, it appears my brother made the same mistake you did, judging by the phoney marking.

Quote by nick komiya View Post
    As Fukusuke is still an existing company in Japan, some cautious repro companies in Japan change part of the name to create a fictitious company name for fear of getting sued for trademark infringements. That was the case here.
    I'm fascinated that the repro companies go to these lengths. I find it strange but also not strange that this company would take legal action on products that they haven't made in over 75 years. But you have to vigorously defend your trademarks so it makes sense from that standpoint.

Very interesting Thread!! Thanks, Guys!

Geoff

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2