Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Help with a helmet cover

Article about: Hello Everyone, a friend of mine sent me some photos of a helmet cover he just picked up knowing I might be interested in it. I’ve never seen or handled one in person, so I would appreciat

?

Default Help with a helmet cover

Hello Everyone, a friend of mine sent me some photos of a helmet cover he just picked up knowing I might be interested in it. I’ve never seen or handled one in person, so I would appreciate any advice or opinions about this one. I know these are reproduced, some quite convincing. This piece seems like it’s missing a few stamps inside. Next week I’ll be able to look at it first hand and can get some more photos. I look forward to hearing all you opinions about it.
    Thanks
    Vic
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help with a helmet cover   Help with a helmet cover  

?

Looks like a reproduction to me. Do the internal seams look like this? The seams meet together at the top of this pic.

Help with a helmet cover

?

Thanks for the feedback. I’m not sure how the seams compare to yours from the photo. I hope to post some better photos next week when I can have it in hand.

Doesn't look good. Read this for more details.

?

Nick, thanks. I have seen this thread before, but couldn’t find it when I was searching the forum. Russ, now I see what you mean by the seam. It looks like that seam is missing on the one I posted. I had the feeling this was a reproduction from the lack of size and acceptance stamps. I appreciate both of your help. I’ll give it a good going over when I can see it in person, but I agree that this doesn’t look to promising.

Acceptance stamp is there, but lacking is the quality inspection person's stamp, manufacturer's stamp, Size stamp that should be within the acceptance stamp and the スフ (corresponding to the English "SF" for Staple Fiber, what Japan called rayon) stamp should also have been there.

?

Excuse the mistake. I appreciate the correction. But absolutely those stamps should be there.

?

Agree it looks like a repro

One look reproduction.

?

Thanks for the replies. You all saved me a lot of money and regret.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast