Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Help Identifying Badge and Cap Badge in Indonesia

Article about: Hi gents, Finally i got my first,i believe, japan era occupation photo in Indonesia. This kind of photo is really scarce or even rare. Although the photo is not in perfect condition, but it'

Question Help Identifying Badge and Cap Badge in Indonesia

Hi gents,

Finally i got my first,i believe, japan era occupation photo in Indonesia. This kind of photo is really scarce or even rare.
    Although the photo is not in perfect condition, but it's really curious to see both Japanese military personnel intermingle with their Indonesian counterpart in here.

The proud and cheerful gocho or heicho (i think). And he lost a front tooth.
    Unfortunately, the other Japanese didn't wore any rank badge.

Interestingly, the corporal wore a badge. And curiously too, the indonesian wore a lighter colored cap but with different kind of cap badge.
    Help Identifying Badge and Cap Badge in IndonesiaHelp Identifying Badge and Cap Badge in Indonesia

So is anyone know what cap badge in here? From the shape is similar with the mitsubishi logo. Is it just me or the round badge on the corporal is a bit similar with the cap badge worn by the indonesian in here? Could it be the gocho-heicho is somekind of foreman for the indonesian in here?

Thank you in advance.

Yes indeed Timur..this is quite rare. My Mother inlaw who lives in Ambon remembers the occupation and did not say too much about it except when the Atomic bomb went off...the Japanese left. Great photo

Good to see you posting Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Photo is too low quality to see the emblem, so I'll just show you how the Mitsubishi logo was born, assuming that is what it is.
    Yataro took his family crest and combined it with his lord's family crest.
    Attached Images Attached Images Help Identifying Badge and Cap Badge in Indonesia 

Quote by Larry C View Post
    Yes indeed Timur..this is quite rare. My Mother inlaw who lives in Ambon remembers the occupation and did not say too much about it except when the Atomic bomb went off...the Japanese left. Great photo

Good to see you posting Regards Larry
    Indeed sir, maybe there's strict rule about photography during that era. Hence scrace documentation especially from the native part.

Thank you sir. If i found interesting collection found in here, i'll definitely share it in here.

Quote by nick komiya View Post
    Photo is too low quality to see the emblem, so I'll just show you how the Mitsubishi logo was born, assuming that is what it is.
    Yataro took his family crest and combined it with his lord's family crest.
    Thank you for the info sir.

Anyway about the japanese who doesnt wore any rank badge, is there any possibility he's a civilian in the military service?

Default Badge & Wrist Band

I found someone sold a japanese era magazine and in one of the picture, there's an NCO wearing similar kind of badge. Too bad the picture is not large enough hence the kanji in the middle is unreadable. But interestingly the soldier wore a wrist band. I guess the heicho on the photo wore the same item too, albeit blocked in view by an indonesian. So is someone know this kind of accoutrement?