Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Help Identifying A Sash

Article about: Hello Everyone, Im hoping some of the more knowledgeable members can help me. Now I must apologize in advance. This is the only picture I was given. A friends mine is offering me this item a

?

Default Help Identifying A Sash

Hello Everyone,
    Im hoping some of the more knowledgeable members can help me. Now I must apologize in advance. This is the only picture I was given. A friends mine is offering me this item as an "Officer of the Day Sash". With my limited reference library, I have never seen this color scheme, and am not even sure its Japanese. I Would be grateful for any help the forum could provide.
    Thank you in advance,
    Victor
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help Identifying A Sash  

?

Hmmm - There is a photo in Philip Jowett's book (Rising Sun at War), that shows a Japanese officer wearing the weekly "duty sash" and some soldiers wearing duty armbands, but it says they are red/white (it's a black and white photo), and the sash is pretty narrow in appearance (like a typical sash). The photo references a location in China in 1941. My comment isn't necessarily helpful - but the only duty sash I have seen was worn across body, not around waist. (I don't claim to be a uniform expert though! Dan S

?

Thank you for the response. I appreciate the information. I don’t have that book in my library. I’ll have to look for it.

More here at WAF; especially Nick's post #5.

Guy

?

Guy, thanks for the reference. I think this sash probably has no Japanese connection at all.