Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Help with a Jacket

Article about: Hello Everyone, Hope you are all safe and healthy. A friend of mine presented me with what I initially thought was an early Army Jacket. I am unfamiliar with the tag, and the jacket is missi

?

Default Help with a Jacket

Hello Everyone,
    Hope you are all safe and healthy. A friend of mine presented me with what I initially thought was an early Army Jacket. I am unfamiliar with the tag, and the jacket is missing certain features associated with a Japanese Army uniform such as the bandage pocket and strap to hold the bayonet. It has interesting stitching on the shoulders where the earlier type insignia would go. The tag seems to be from a private retailer. If anyone can translate it I would be greatly appreciated. Any insight into this jacket would also be greatly appreciated. I look forward to your responses, and thank you in advance.

Vic
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help with a Jacket   Help with a Jacket  

Help with a Jacket   Help with a Jacket  

Hi Vic, my guess is that it's a civilian jacket.

Bill

?

Thats what I thought as well, possibly for a student or something like that. It is definitely on the small side, but I am no expert.

That is a school uniform from a kid living in Asahi Village, Kamiminochi County of Nagano Prefecture. That address disappeared in 1954 due to jurisdiction changes.

?

Nick, Thank you for responding. I knew you’d have some information about it. Can you tell from the tag or garment design if it is prewar or post war?

Writing direction of the tailor name at bottom indicates wartime use.

?

Nick, thank you again. this is a prime illustration of how this forum can save you from making a costly mistake.