MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Help with Japanese good look flag

Article about: Hi all Can any one help please, looking to purchase this flag but would like some information first, is it genuine and any translation would be really appreciated. thanks Neil...

Default Help with Japanese good look flag

Help with Japanese good look flagHelp with Japanese good look flag

Hi all
    Can any one help please, looking to purchase this flag but would like some information first, is it genuine and any translation would be really appreciated. thanks Neil...

?

Looks OK to me. Large writing on the right says "Good fortune in battle" and the rest is a lot of signatures

Does it appear genuine to you ?

?

Looks OK to me.

Second photo is the front, by the way.

Thank you for your reply Ryoyo, can you see if there is a name who the flag belonged to , and thanks again as i wondered which way was to the front ..

There is no dedication, so no name of the owner. Some lone fool wrote on the back side. There is reference to the "Third year into the Sacred War" so it must be from around 1940. Also on top is the magic word, Samuhara. The shrine stamp will tell which part of Japan the soldier came from.

Thank you for your valued information nick, hard to see from photo but will do some research on the shrine stamp.

Nick can you or anyone else what is the significance of having samuhara on the flag and would you say i was on the right lines with the temple stamp being from theKenchoji temple in Kamakura ? Thanks Neil...
    Last edited by Excoalminer; 12-18-2019 at 01:40 PM. Reason: Spelling

Read the hyperlinked pages in my first reply and show me a proper photo of the Shrine stamp first, as I don't have the Force nor Superman vision like you.

I couldn't understand why they would put the slogan on the flag if it wasn't dedicated to a person, but makes sense if it is worn on the body. Will try un post photos asap

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast