Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Help on Japanese WW2 Helmet

Article about: Hello everyone. Hope you are all well. This Japanese helmet came up for sale, and since I don't really have any knowledge of Japanese helmets, I wanted your help before purchasing it, since

Default Help on Japanese WW2 Helmet

Hello everyone. Hope you are all well. This Japanese helmet came up for sale, and since I don't really have any knowledge of Japanese helmets, I wanted your help before purchasing it, since I don't want to get burned if it has any problems. I really appreciate your help. Thank you all.
    Thomas
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help on Japanese WW2 Helmet   Help on Japanese WW2 Helmet  

Help on Japanese WW2 Helmet   Help on Japanese WW2 Helmet  

Help on Japanese WW2 Helmet  

I’m no expert on these helmets but from what I see the paint and front star look good, I can’t say for sure on the liner as I’m not familiar with these but from what I’m seeing it looks okay. Wait for someone with more experience with these to chime in.

Thank you so much for your reply. I think it looks good as well. However, since we don't get many Japanese helmets here in Europe, I am a bit hesitant as to its originality. Hopefully someone else will answer as well. Thank you once again.

MAP
    ?

Overall the shell looks good. I would wait for someone to comment on the strap. Also, and I defer to others here as my expertise only goes so far, while the leather liner band probably is OK, it is a much lighter color than my examples.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Hello Michael and thank you for your reply. In my untrained eyes it looks good, but in Europe this is something foreign and I don't want to rush in to buying it if it has any problems. I am quite curious to see what some otheer members have to say about it. Hope you are well.

Thomas

i d'ont speak of originailty but i find the strap a little to clean when you see the rest of the interior?

If the seller of this is honest, he would have described it as having a replaced chinstrap and rings. If he did not say that, the liner is probably a replacement as well. I think rather than insist on finding one in Europe, buying them from Japan or the USA gives you a better deal overall despite the mailing expense.

I wrote this thread precisely for these cases. Chin strap is probably a repro, too.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help on Japanese WW2 Helmet  

Thank you for your comment. You do have a point. Maybe the strap was changed at some stage because it might have been damaged? Just a thought.

Thank you for your comment Nick. I was told by the seller that he bought it from the US and that it was a Vet bring back. After asking him he said that it looks like an honest helmet, which leads me to believe that he can't guarantee 100% that it is untouched. Hence why I decided to post it here to get more opinions.

I am guessing that it is a big no no for this helmet. Seller wants €850 which I am guessing is a bit too much for this helmet?

I agree that one would need to get a helmet from the US or from Japan in order to be more safe. My main concern would be the item going through customs. The expense could be quite high.

Thank you for post the link. I'll check it out.

Thomas

It's your money, so believe what you like. You asked for opinions, I merely gave you mine, ignore it if you wish.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast