Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Help with a Mon, Please!

Article about: Hoping someone recognizes this mon. It's found on a number of late-war gunto. Thanks in advance for the help!

Default Help with a Mon, Please!

Hoping someone recognizes this mon. It's found on a number of late-war gunto. I don't think it's a kamon, as it is identical on 3 separate gunto, all of the identical style fittings.

Thanks in advance for the help!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help with a Mon, Please!   Help with a Mon, Please!  

?

Just are poor craftsmanship edition of a Sakura IMO

This seems to be the same theme
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help with a Mon, Please!  

?

That's a different piece compared with the one on your example. It doesn't really look like a Mon to me.

I didn’t expect them to be family mon, but I wanted to bounce it off you guys to be sure. My thought is that it’s a company crest, maybe the shop that made the gunto, since it’s identical on all 3 examples we have. But Gunto’s idea may explain it too. If they were made by occupied Chinese or Koreans, the emblem might have cultural meaning to their world.

It's not a Mon, nor a company logo. Just how a button is looked like. That's where they got the design idea from.

Quote by Sporter90 View Post
    It's not a Mon, nor a company logo. Just how a button is looked like. That's where they got the design idea from.
    Could be. Fuller speculated that they were "Java made." If so, they could have gotten the inspiration from a Japanese gunto chuso.

We have pictures of 3 (4 counting Fuller's) and this nice shot of a mekugi with kabutogane:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help with a Mon, Please!  

?

A menuki, mekugi is the bamboo pin