Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Help needed with stamps in raincoat

Article about: Hi, I just picked up a raincoat and was hoping that somebody here might be kind enough to help explain the markings in the A and B stamps inside. I've been doing quite a bit of reading about

Default Help needed with stamps in raincoat

Hi,

I just picked up a raincoat and was hoping that somebody here might be kind enough to help explain the markings in the A and B stamps inside. I've been doing quite a bit of reading about these markings but, so far, have only been able to decipher that this raincoat was size 3, and manufactured in 1941. If anyone can tell me about what the other markings mean, I would be grateful!

Thanks, but I did read through that thread. It was helpful, and the reason I was able to decipher the size and date. Unfortunately, however, even though the article gives me an idea of what the other information should be, my understanding of Kanji is sadly lacking, and this is why I asked for help.

If you read more carefully, in that particular post #3 (Fig 6), I did explain that your markings indicate issue by the Hiroshima Branch. It is also further named to a Sergeant Kishimoto possibly of the 5th Para Regiment as abbreviated as 挺五, standing for 挺身第五連隊.

You are right, I did miss the information about the Hiroshima branch. Thank you for this, and for the information about the original owner and his unit!

?

Type 98 rain coat, year showa 16 who is 1941 size 3