Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Help please with Japanese naval flag

Article about: I posted this on another forum but so far no one has commented. I’m wondering what this flag is for as I have not seen one like this with the anchor emblem. Any information will be greatly

Default Help please with Japanese naval flag

I posted this on another forum but so far no one has commented. I’m wondering what this flag is for as I have not seen one like this with the anchor emblem. Any information will be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks very much TomHelp please with Japanese naval flagHelp please with Japanese naval flagHelp please with Japanese naval flagHelp please with Japanese naval flagHelp please with Japanese naval flag
    Last edited by Drb1643; 03-04-2024 at 02:50 AM. Reason: Adding more pictures

The flag itself looks good -- hand stitched with reinforced corners on the hoist.

I have never seen a patch sewn on a flag before. Maybe a post-war thing (on a war-time flag)? Is the anchor portion hand stitched as well? I think I can see some stitching on the anchor to the white background.

Anyway, the patch is a mystery to me.

-- Guy

Wish I could help but I have never seen this type of example before. Is there any story behind the flag?
    John

Thank you both Guy and John. Yes, the anchor patch is sewn on and is on both sides of the flag exactly opposite each other. The way it appears to me it doesn’t look like it’s been added post war but original to the flag. The mystery continues. Please review the new pictures that I added.
    Thanks again,
    Tom

All the items look good. The mystery might not ever be resolved but it is an interesting item. I would be happy to own it.
    John