Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Help in translating award documents

Article about: Hello gentlemen. Please help me translate the text in the docs. And please provide information on the wooden box. Maybe there is a thread where I can read about these boxes? Many thanks!

Default Help in translating award documents

Hello gentlemen. Please help me translate the text in the docs. And please provide information on the wooden box. Maybe there is a thread where I can read about these boxes? Many thanks!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help in translating award documents   Help in translating award documents  

Help in translating award documents   Help in translating award documents  

Both the Golden Kite and Rising Sun were awarded together to Atsushi Endo on 7th Oct. 1938. The wooden box is just a cheap version of what I show here Story of the Golden Kite

Also, the China Incident War Medal was awarded on the same date and not on the standard date of 29th April 1940, which is an indication he was KIA before the normal awarding date. There should be a KIA entry in that passbook.

Hello Nick! Thank you very much for your attention and help! Please explain why three awards could be awarded at the same time? And what is KIA? I will try to take photos of the passbook in good light, maybe additional information about this person will appear! Thanks again!

Quote by Turneps View Post
    Hello Nick! Thank you very much for your attention and help! Please explain why three awards could be awarded at the same time? And what is KIA? I will try to take photos of the passbook in good light, maybe additional information about this person will appear! Thanks again!
    KIA = Killed In Action

You need to know that as a rule, Japanese orders were only given out once for one war, based on the Ronkoh-Kohsho system (see here), so all medals and orders won in a certain war will have the same date. You should read the whole Golden Kite Story. Unlike the German system of moving up from the second class iron cross to the 1st,then to the German Cross and Knights Crosses all in one war, you only got one order in Japan for the highest merit achieved.

Thanks again. It is unfortunate that this is a sad story ... Perhaps the rewards look unused for this. I will study

Would there be a record of that KIA soldier at Yasukuni Shrine? Not to mention he was the Golden Kite recipient.

Yes, and his death would have been announced in the government gazette as well.

Hello gentlemen! I have added some more images. I apologize, but the images rotate after I add them. Perhaps they will display correctly on your device ...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help in translating award documents   Help in translating award documents  

Help in translating award documents  

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast