Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Help with uniform Badge and translation

Article about: Once again, I would like to I ask for your help with identification and translations on this Imperial Japanese Army WW2 uniform . From my research, I believe that it is from an Artillery Sar

?

Default Help with uniform Badge and translation

Once again, I would like to I ask for your help with identification and translations on this Imperial Japanese Army WW2 uniform . From my research, I believe that it is from an Artillery Sargent. From looking at the military ribbons, I believe they are the Taisho Emperor Enthronement Medal (White with red ends)? The 1937-45 China Incident War Medal (center), and the Red Cross Order of Merit?
    I also particularly would like to identify the round Badge that looks like a “Winged Deer” ?, a star in the chrysanthemum. I have been trying to research this badge/pin with no luck. Does this look familiar to anyone?
    Also I notice that the “Sargent collar “ tab is on the left pocket. I usually see this on the collar, but I have also seen this rank tab on the pocket flap. Is this unusual? Does this mean Anything in particular?
    If at all possible, if you could translate the stamp, writing inside the coat, it would be greatly appreciated. I was wondering if it had a name and/or Unit?
    Any help, would be greatly appreciated.

Help with uniform Badge and translationHelp with uniform Badge and translationHelp with uniform Badge and translationHelp with uniform Badge and translationHelp with uniform Badge and translationHelp with uniform Badge and translationHelp with uniform Badge and translationHelp with uniform Badge and translationHelp with uniform Badge and translation

?

Sorry for the sideways photo. I was having trouble loading them.

?

Uniform is dated for 1941. The ribbons are (left to right), rising sun, China incident and red cross.

The badge is, I believe, from a cavalry bridle, reigns.

?

Thanks! Cavalry Bridle? Mmm. Tends to the horses?

?

No, steers them. Reigns

This is a Frankenstein of a put-together. The summer tunic itself is an original Type 98 produced in 1941 in size 3. (for someone 162 cm tall)

However, the artillery branch insignia is fake (shown below is what regulations called for)

And yes the badge on the left chest does not belong to a human, but to a horse. A clasp to a bridle of a horse used at a horse-riding school. Military members and civilians finishing the course at those schools got the graduation badge shown below.

It is now more of a GI's trench art than an IJA uniform, sorry.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help with uniform Badge and translation   Help with uniform Badge and translation  

Help with uniform Badge and translation  
    Last edited by Nick Komiya; 07-24-2022 at 03:42 PM.

?

Horse Bridle badge. Yes, I found it. But why could it be on a uniform? Interesting.

?

Very interesting! Thanks!

Horsing around, I guess.