Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Hinomaru no Yosegaki help

Article about: Hello, I was wondering if this flag is an authentic signed flag. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Default Hinomaru no Yosegaki help

Hello, I was looking to purchase this flag and was wondering if it is authentic. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Hinomaru no Yosegaki help   Hinomaru no Yosegaki help  

Hinomaru no Yosegaki help  
    Last edited by henry1023; 02-05-2021 at 03:04 AM.

A lot of the writing looks to me like it was done by someone untutored in kanji (i.e., a GI); then again, others seem balanced. Is the sun painted?

Then there is the weird slogan on the top edge, written to be read vertially:
    ダトウ ユダヤ民族
    datō yudaya minzoku
    Overthrow the Jewish Race

I'm reading ダトウ [datō] as 打倒 [overthrow]

Feels too fishy for me.

Also, there is the slogan 千人力 "The Strength of 1000 Men" ... and you see 力 around the perimeter of the sun but written as part of names. I think someone saw a 1000 Man Strength flag and tried to copy it. The difference is that particular flag had about a thousand 力 written all around the flag and they were not part of a name.

I'm interested in what Nick is going to say! (^__^) Heck, maybe everybody had a bad day with signatures. I poo-pooed a flag once that I thought was written by GIs, but Nick told me it was okay ... just that everybody had poor penmanship. So I'll wait. (^____^)

-- Guy

Wondering if this is the work of the infamous "Samuraimonkey"??

?

I’m not qualified to judge authenticity but it certainly is a very messy looking flag!

Move on and find another one. When it gets this ugly, I can no longer justify it without believing in an alien landing. The anti-Semitic slogan really sounds alien in a Japanese context.

Thank you for the input, it's much appreciated. I'll have to pass on this flag then.